How can one live peacably with such people?
- Soldiers with rifles, demanding money.
- Officials punishing you for not joining the army.
- Young men ripping the roof off your cottage.
- A mob trying to hang you for teaching peace.
- A gang killing your family and buurning your cabin.
Here are seventeen true stories about returning love for hate, good for evil. They come from various times and countries, to show the universal power of christian love.
High courage is needed to live out a response to God's love, to be kind to evildoers rather than to hurt them. Sometimes doing good makes friends out of enemies. Other times, peacemakers suffer and die. Yet they are blessed in knowing that they truly are the children of God.
Reviewers describe these stories as classic, powerful, moving, well told, good for family discussions, excellent for children's sermons, needed in every home and church library.